Castles & Kingdoms - Preview 20201
Castles & Kingdoms – Preview 2021
Head to the Islands of Britain and Ireland for a stately journey across rugged, fairy-tale lands. A storyteller’s paradise, you’ll uncover the essence of Britain and the natural elements of Ireland, meeting some colourful characters along the way. From esteemed author and Dubliner Trevor White, to Killarney locals and a Royal House Guard in London, you’re in for a trip rich in history, with fascinating local insights and lots of laughter! Travel in elegant style, stay at the most sought-after addresses, dine at Michelin-starred restaurants and savour local specialities. And of course, no trip to this part of the world would be complete without trying esteemed local delicacies, including Guinness in Ireland and a delicious English scone. The 2021 itinerary is a day longer than the 2020 version and the Pre-release/Preview price has been adjusted accordingly.
- London: Enjoy a grand Welcome Dinner at the luxurious Rubens at the Palace, an exquisite five-star hotel overlooking Buckingham Palace, hosted in the English Grill restaurant.
- Bath: Experience an exquisite Highlight Dinner at Hywel Jones by Lucknam Park, a Michelin-starred restaurant, in the heart of the British countryside.
- York: Enjoy a traditional English cream tea in the Grecian Hall of Castle Howard.
- English Lake District: Enter the dramatic ruins of Lowther Castle and take time to explore through the ancient grounds. Enjoy a private dinner in the sculpture gallery which overlooks the castle gardens.
- Edinburgh: Regale in Scottish tea and scones in one of Edinburgh’s traditional Scottish bar and restaurant.
- Edinburgh: Be treated to a delightful meal, accompanied with drinks, as you toast to fond memories and new friends during your final Celebration Dinner.
- Belfast: Enjoy an la carte Welcome Dinner at the Causerie where you’ll meet your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers.
- Kilkenny: Gourmet dining and opulent ambience, the Michelin-starred restaurant Lady Helen will allure your senses with its ambitious and visually impressive dishes using locally-sourced ingredients from the estate, the country and the coast.
- Kilkenny: This is one for those with a sweet tooth. Enjoy a chocolate truffle tasting at Kilkenny farmers market and be sure to stock up on delectable local chocolate bars, fudge, brownies and cakes.
- Killarney: Indulge in a two-course dinner at the family-run, Treyvaud’s restaurant, which specialises in international food.
- Ashford Castle: Dine la carte at your leisure in the castle’s George V Dining Room. Choose from delicacies including Skeaghanore Duck and Atlantic Tuna Tartare.
- Ashford Castle: Toast to your time in Ireland during a Celebration Dinner fit for royalty.
- Dining Summary: 19 Breakfasts (B), 1 Morning Tea (MT) and 11 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- London: Visit the Horse Guards Parade and learn about the importance of a cavalryman’s uniform as you wander through the Household Cavalry Museum. Try on the traditional uniform of the Royal Horse Guard.
- London: Meet a passionate resident, your Local Expert, who will share the city’s fascinating history, as you see Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey.
- London: Experience the Tower of London with a private tour led by a serving Yeoman Warder. See the quarters, chapel, place of beheading and prison towers where the Yeoman Warder explains the history and importance of each place.
- Stonehenge: Visit the mysterious circle of upright stones, which stand as strong today as they did 3,500 years ago.
- Bath: The City of Bath is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, built atop one of Britain’s natural mineral springs. Visit the Roman Baths and Pump Room, built by the Romans over 2,000-years-ago as a place to wash and socialise.
- Bath: During an orientation you will see the Royal Crescent, Pulteney Bridge and Bath Abbey.
- Cotswolds: Journey through the Cotswolds which is among the most quintessential and unspoiled regions of England, famous for gentle, rolling hillsides known as ‘wolds’, green river valleys and historic market towns, where time has stood still for over 300 years.
- Stratford-upon-Avon: Explore the birthplace of William Shakespeare.
- Windermere: Enjoy a nostalgic ride on a historic steam train through the Leven Valley to the Southern tip of Windermere.
- Bowness-on-Windermere: Led by your Travelling Concierge, enjoy the chance to explore this lakeside town.
- Alnwick: Explore majestic Alnwick Castle, steeped in history.
- Edinburgh: Visit magnificent Edinburgh Castle, Scotland’s most-visited tourist attraction. Join a Local Expert, who will share tales about the castle’s tumultuous past with panaromic views of this medieval city.
- Edinburgh: In true Gaelic style, meet a fabulously entertaining bagpiper and be enchanted as you listen to iconic music and fascinating tales about Scottish culture.
- Edinburgh: With a Local Expert, journey along Princes Street, past the Gothic Sir Walter Scott Monument, and continue down the Royal Mile to the gates of Holyrood Palace, the principal residence of Scottish royalty since the 16th century.
- Edinburgh: Board a short flight and travel from Edinburgh to Belfast.
- Belfast: Visit the Titanic Belfast with a Local Expert and hear about the ship’s poignant history.
- Belfast: With your Local Expert enjoy a panoramic tour of Belfast, hear the history of the city and learn the city’s progress and current prosperity. You’ll also see the City Hall, Queen’s University, Parliament Building at Stormont and murals in different locations indicating political sentiments of local residents.
- Giant’s Causeway: Visit this iconic site on a private tour with a wildlife ranger…
Welcome to London.
Traditions and Treasures of London.
Stonehenge and Georgian Bath.
Cotswolds, Stratford-Upon-Avon and York.
Medieval Wonders of York.
The Wild and Poetic Lake District.
Highlights of Beautiful Edinburgh.
Edinburgh to Belfast.
Highlights of Belfast.
Giant's Causeway and Londonderry.
A Truly Irish Experience.
Glendalough to Kilkenny.
Banter in Blarney.
Sweet Ring of Kerry.
Regal County Mayo.
Majestic Ashford Castle.